Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Shes my cherry blossom" 4-20-08


This was my second painting i ever did. it is a dead tree that still produces beautiful blossoms despite it being dead. Ok so basically i wanted to do a dead tree for a wile because i had just got my leg piece finished. which is a huge dead tree with a vulture in the branches, a zebra skull in the grass below it and a bleeding moon in the night sky. my friend and tattoo artist Shawn Will had drawn up this tattoo for me and spent 13 hours and 3 sessions working on my leg. and well it inspired me to try my hand at painting a dead tree. so that was my inspiration for this painting, and once i decided to add the cherry blossoms blowing in the wind is when i came up with a meaning behind it and gave it the tittle. basically the dead tree represents me, its worn, ugly, dead, and not to mention tall and skinny. and the cherry blossoms growing from it and blowing in the wind represents my girl friend, Falicia, adding color, and beauty to what was my dull, dead, life. yeah yeah yeah i know its corny and kinda sappy. but its true.

No comments: