Saturday, September 6, 2008

"killer cupcakes" 5-5-08


This ones real simple... i was looking through one of my tattoo magazines i have and in the back of this magazine thy always have flash art that different artists have drawn up and sent in, and in this magazine one artist had drawn a picture of two cup cakes sitting next to each other. so i thought to myself, "hmmm i wunna paint a picture of some cup cakes" plus i had just bought a new bottle of bright pink paint and had not painted anything with it yet so why not do some cup cakes? they can have pink frosting! so i painted the first small one off in the distance, then thought to myself i gotta do the other one differently so its not just a boring picture of two cupcakes just sitting there. so i had the idea to have the closer one stabbed to the table by a dagger. and the hole time i was painting this one, Falicia was sitting next to me at my table drawing me a picture that i would latter use as a design in one of my other paintings. but we had planned to go get some ice cream that night at the Kemah boardwalk, so she finished drawing her picture for me and i had just finished doing the green in my painting but hadn't added the back ground just yet, i was still having trouble deciding what color to do the back ground (which is one of my BIGGEST problems with most all my paintings). so i mixed a few colors together and got this dull yellow color and thought to myself it might look good, so i quickly just brushed it on around my painting, just to see what it would look like. since she was done with what she was working on i told her i would just finish my back ground latter and we could go ahead and leave to go on our date. after wards once i had gotten home and sat down to finish my back ground i realized i didn't need to, it actually looked good the way it was, it even looked like i meant for it to look that way! so i left it.

No comments: